12 Mar 2023
Kris Giber learned to fly during High School and completed his 1st Solo flight at age 16 and he entered the U.S. Army in 1986, completing military flight training at Ft. Rucker, Alabama
He served 6 years of active duty.
Graduated from the U.S. Army Test Pilot Course in 1990. Combat Flight Experience while serving in Operation Desert Storm as an AH-1 Cobra Pilot.
- 16,500 hrs Total Flight Time
- 12,000 hrs Helicopter
- 4,500 hrs Fixed Wing
- Airline Transport Pilot -Airplane
- Airline Transport Pilot- Helicopter
- Certified Flight Instructor- Single & Multi-Engine Airplane
- Certified Flight Instructor- Helicopter
- Certified Flight Instructor Instrument- Airplane & Helicopter
- Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic
- Graduate of the U.S. Army Test Pilot School (1990)
• U.S. Government Contract Test Pilot – 1993-2002
Performed both experimental and maintenance flight test duties on a variety of helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft at both the White Sands missile range and other secure locations.
• Chief Pilot and Company Check Airman for a Houston-based Offshore Helicopter Company – 2002-2009
• Corporate Fixed Wing Pilot – 2009-2012 as for a Houston-based Fortune 500 Corporation flying both Caravan & Centurion fixed-wing airplanes and Bell Helicopters.
• Corporate Helicopter Pilot – 2012-to Current
Employed by the Nation’s second-largest oil & gas corporation, flying as a Captain of transport category large multi-engine helicopters to our company-owned drill ships and offshore production platforms during both day & night and instrument flight conditions.